If spoken English is not your first language, we can provide you with free spoken language interpretation or sign language interpretation when you access our services.
Our interpreters are professionally trained and have specialized knowledge of violence against women issues.
Our interpreter services are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
We provide free interpretation services to service providers serving woman abuse survivors in many settings, including:
- individual or group counselling sessions
- in shelters, for counselling, workshops and residents’ meetings
- at Domestic Violence Courts, during preparation, trials, partner contact, crown meetings and conference calls, and for general information
- at the Women’s College Hospital sexual assault unit, for crisis counselling, short-term counselling, emergency and follow-up medical care
- at legal aid and immigration offices
- at medical appointments
- at legal appointments
- appointments with housing, welfare, employment insurance and other social services
- in other group settings, including educational workshops or therapy groups
- at settlement and other agencies
- at schools, for PTA meetings, registrations, etc.