It is available in 49 locations across the province. Its goals are to increase your access to the family justice system and to help those experiencing domestic violence understand and participate more fully in the family law process.
If you are facing abuse and are headed to the family court system or are already there, our Family Court Support Program can help you. Our workers are trained in the family court process and have many years’ experience with court personnel.
Our staff can
- give you clear information about the court process, the many services at the court, legal aid and how to find a lawyer
- help you stay safer while you deal with your legal matters
- help to document the abuse you experienced for the court
- go with you through the court process, including most court sessions and meetings, to help you understand court proceedings and plan your next steps
- arrange for qualified language interpreters to assist you
- help you connect with community services and supports, such as housing, counselling, social assistance, access to food, support for your children and much more
This program does not offer legal advice and is not intended to replace advice from a lawyer.