The Schlifer Clinic’s many dedicated volunteers are essential to its services and programs.
The commitment and energy of our volunteers reflect their determination to help women build lives free of violence; Volunteers are valued members of the Schlifer Clinic! We know that many volunteers make personal sacrifices to be available at the Clinic, and we are grateful to every one of them.
As a volunteer you will:
- meet women from all walks of life
- help them rebuild their lives
- have the opportunity to learn new skills
Current Opportunity (February 2018-June 2018)
Special Event Support Volunteer
We are seeking two volunteers to support our Annual Tribute fundraiser on June 7, 2018.
As part of our fundraising efforts, the Barbra Schlifer Clinic holds a signature Annual Tribute event; the Annual Tribute is a truly inspiring evening that brings together an influential and diverse collection of people determined to inspire change. Last year’s Annual Tribute was an undeniable success. More than 550 people came out to show their support, raising over $212,000. The funds raised at the Tribute are crucial to sustaining the Clinic’s integrated legal, counselling and interpretation services. Volunteers will support the Special Event and Volunteer Manager and help with solicitation of in house in kind donations, researching potential prospective in kind donors and assisting with day to day fundraising administration of the event.
Time Commitment: Days and hours to be decided, minimum 4-6 hours per week.
- Researching new potential in kind donations
- Assisting in cold-calling new potential in kind donors to help obtain new gifts
- Following up with past in kind donors to secure in kind donations
- Assisting with preparation for in kind donation packages to be sent to donors
- Providing support to the Fundraising Department with prompt, courteous, and professional communication with existing and potential in kind donors
- Demonstrated interest and some experience in fundraising, in kind donation solicitation and event organizing,
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to work independently,
- Skilled in planning and prioritizing work,
- Creative and resourceful,
- Able to work under pressure,
- Comfortable with phone solicitation (with the support of a script)
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work as a member of a team.
If you are interested in the Special Event Support Volunteer role please submit a resume by January 31, 2018 and if you qualify you will be contacted for an interview.
Year-Round Clinic Volunteer Position
Front Desk Relief Volunteer
This is the first point of contact for women accessing our services. You will greet clients and visitors of the clinic, provide information and answer general inquiries. Duties include answering calls, emails, and connecting clients with staff members and provide general administrative support. The minimum requirement is one 3 hour shift per week.
Volunteers go through a general interview, screening, and training process. To volunteer, please fill out and submit our Volunteer Application and submit it with your resume.
We will review your application and resume once it’s been submitted and we will contact you if your qualifications match any current volunteer openings. If no suitable position is available at this time and you still want to submit an application and resume we welcome you to do so. Your application will be kept on file for a period of 6 months and will be considered for future volunteer openings.
Application and Training Process:
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- 4 to 6 week training process
For more information on volunteering opportunities please contact the Manager, Special Events and Volunteers at email@example.com.
If you are interested in a student placement or volunteering with the legal department please click here.
If you are interested in a student placement with the counselling department, please click here.