Membership is crucial to the Schlifer Clinic. It is vital to our accountability, and your input is a key element in planning and delivering programs and services.
You can be a member if you are:
- a present or former client of the Clinic (automatically entitled to be members)
- a donor
- a volunteer who has provided at least 10 hours of service to the Clinic since April 2016
- a volunteer who has given your time for one of our special events within the past year
- a corporation (profit or non-profit), unincorporated association or other legal entity; you will be entitled to appoint one representative to act as your member, and that representative can be changed from time to time
- a Clinic staff person
- a member of the Clinic’s Board of Directors
- a lawyer or other legal practitioner
- a member of the general public whom agrees with the Clinic’s mission and vision
As a member you:
- Align yourself with the important and powerful work of the Clinic to support women and their children to build lives free from violence through:
- Advocacy, education and public policy,
- Legal support,
- Interpretation in over 200 languages,
- Innovative counselling,
- A community of women making a real difference.
- Agree with the Clinic’s mission and vision
- Will be kept informed through our annual reports and newsletters
If you have questions, our staff would be happy to answer them. Please call us at 416-323-9149.